Thursday, June 15, 2017

Final Post

Hey guys! Last blog post! This has been a great class. I was amazed there could still be something to learn about language arts after all of the ELA classes that we have already taken. But there was! This class has taught me a lot and reinforced some ideas that I had learned about in the past. The scope and sequence was a great exercise. I had done one in the past but with no where near the same amount of detail. This scope and sequence method is something I could actually see myself using to plan out my year. I was probably a bit more detailed than I needed to be, but that doesn't hurt anything! 

Another thing I really enjoyed this session was all of the additional information that Dr. Steffes provided. Things such as the ways to check for understanding are now in a three-hole punch binder. And of course, I got some really great information from you guys while you shared your lessons. It was nice to have quite a few others sharing plans for third grade. I enjoyed hearing units applicable to the grade I will be student teaching in. 

One session left before the real fun begins! Good luck to you all! 


https://www.pinterest.com/explore/good-luck-exam/?lp=true  

5 comments:

  1. There is always more to learn! I loved all of the resources that this class provided. Good luck with student teaching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Claire! I will also be student teaching in 3rd grade this coming Fall. I thought it made the most sense to write lessons in that spectrum just in case I could them. I think anything we can do to save time for ourselves is useful! Its been great to see each of grow in the last few semesters with our lesson plans. Best of luck to you in the fall, not that you are going to need much luck, I think you're great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like the scope and sequence was a great learning opportunity for me as well. I have done one too, but it was in sciences, and there is SO much more to LA than sciences. It was really neat to see all the aspects and see how hard it can be to fit them all into one school year. I did mine on the grade I will be student teaching in so I would be more familiar with the standards and was constantly surprised at the amount of work ahead of me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too can see myself actually using the scope and sequence method for my lesson planning. I love when that happens. I don't like when I feel like I'm doing something just for a grade and that it won't actually be useful later. It leaves a disconnect. When I know I'll use it for myself, it creates that connection and actually makes me think about the future and see myself teaching, and therefore realistically plan and think about how to be a better teacher for my students. We need that connection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The scope and sequence makes you see the big picture! Glad it was helpful for you.

    ReplyDelete